The $100K Challenge
In 2017, we raised over $100,000, unlocking the additional $100,000 pledged by donors. Thank you for creating a bright future for our community partners!
The 2018 challenge launches August 1: If we can raise $100,000 between August 1 and September 30, then 16 generous donors will match it. Dollar for dollar.
HELP US MEET THE CHALLENGE. PLAN YOUR GIFT TODAY AND BECOME INVOLVED IN A WAY THAT BEST FITS YOU AND YOUR SCHEDULE.
I'm up for the challenge! How can I get involved?
- Follow us on facebook and share the challenge through social media.
- Attend or host a fundraising event during the challenge.
- Create a Facebook campaign. If you are an August or September baby, you can celebrate your birthday in a meaningful way by raising money for EP through your own El Porvenir Facebook Campaign.
- Give a one time tax-deductible donation online.
- Become a monthly donor. Click here.
A bright future starts with clean water, improved sanitation, reforestation, and health education. We partner with rural Nicaraguans so that they lead healthier, happier lives. During this challenge, we are excited to share powerful stories of community members that are now leading better lives thanks to the comprehensive clean water projects they have built.
Carla (pictured here in the yellow shirt) is one of the community leaders for the community of Sayulero. As a child, she experienced the pain of losing loved ones to water born disease. She was determined to help her community build a better life for themselves. She worked closely with El Porvenir staff members on community improvements such as building a well, latrines, fuel-efficient stoves, and planting tree nurseries. The community members of Sayulero have integrated all aspects of El Porvenir programs into their daily life and have seen tremendous impacts on their health and happiness.