To evaluate water and sanitation in the municipality of Terrabona, a total of 376 interviews were held in February 2018. The interviews took place with households members in Terrabona, with teachers of the schools, and with members of the water and sanitation committees (CAPS).
A coverage of 83.7% was found in terms of clean drinking water for the communities of Terrabona. These people have access to the water at their houses provided by a water system (either a MAG or MABE) or to an improved well. In the total of 18 water systems and wells that were tested, 72% of the water was clean, the other 28% was contaminated with E.coli bacteria. 84.6% of the water systems or wells constructed by El Porvenir were found to be clean.
The following findings are derived from information gathered through household surveys conducted May 18th to July 24th of 2015 in 555 households in 31 communities around the municipality of Camoapa . Representatives of the Mortenson Center in Engineering for Developing Communities at CU Boulder, collaborated with El Porvenir (EP) to develop an assessment program of the social, economic and health impacts of their work.
The data collected in this project will serve as baseline data for future surveys, to be repeated every five years. The impact will be measured by associating changes in social, economic, and/or health conditions of the communities with projects implemented by El Porvenir in those communities since the previous survey was conducted.
Water for Life Assessment (WFL) is a global initiative that derived from the Accountability Forum held in December 2011 in Lempira, Honduras, where independent evaluators and organizations who support water and sanitation projects met to conduct an organizational assessment for a local NGO based on 22 criteria, grouped into 8 categories. This same evaluation was applied to El Porvenir in 2014 and provided valuable feedback to us to improve our work and also validated many of our processes. Here is the summary which is also available on: http://www.wflrating.org
The following findings are derived from information gathered through household surveys conducted July to August 2013 in 36 communities in the municipality of El Sauce. The communities and households surveyed were randomly selected which resulted in the inclusion of households and communities that were not El Porvenir partners in the surveys. Magpi survey systems were used for the surveys and data collection. Volunteer students helped tremendously in the collection of all data and were indispensable to this project.
Read more about Jake's experience on our blog.
The following findings are derived from information gathered from January to June 2012 in six regions where El Porvenir carries out projects. Staff and numerous volunteers conducted interviews and site visits primarily in the Camoapa and San Lorenzo region. The figures quoted in this report are the results of over 450 beneficiary surveys, site visits to over 80% well/water system projects that El Porvenir has supported since 1993 in the regions of Camoapa and San Lorenzo, and extended interviews with community leaders.